This year’s Community Night will include:
- Outdoor games
- Hot dogs
- Italian ice
- Art projects
- Community resources
- Live outdoor music
As part of the Voice of Hope initiative, Crossings has the unique ability to provide volunteers for this event.
- Hospitality team – setup; break down; trash control; checking on volunteer leads to make sure they have what they need for their team.
- Food team – food and drink prep and distribution; clean up/break down at the end of the evening.
- Check-in team – welcome families; capture information using participation form: wristband, map, & Italian ice ticket distribution; break down at the end of the evening.
- Basketball in gym – ensure everyone has a wristband; help community have fun in the gym while maintaining safety and organization; organize games on the court; distribute youth basketball uniforms; break down at the end of the evening.
- Art volunteers – ensure everyone has a wristband; guide participants through simple art/crafts projects for children; assist with coloring pages and stickers; make sure supplies are refilled.
- Roadside greeters – hold signs and wave at people who are driving or walking by; invite neighbors to come enjoy some food and stay awhile; help break down at the end of the evening.
- Outside games – ensure everyone participating has a wristband; maintain safety and organization of the yard games; join in the games, if possible, with our neighbors; have fun; break down at the end of the evening.
- Prayer partners – pray with those who request prayer.
- Food box distribution - distribute boxes of produce and chicken as neighbors leave our community nights event.