Crossings Community Church was created to reach the spiritual needs of the growing Oklahoma City area and serve those in the community. Through a variety of locations and name changes, Crossings has enjoyed over 60 years of service. Below are just a few highlights from Crossings’ history.
New satellite campus launches at Joseph Harp Correctional Center on Easter Sunday with nearly 200 in attendance.
OKC Campus renovates and modernizes 40,000 square feet of Crossings KIDS large group and small group spaces.
Crossings opens new satellite campus in North Edmond at 1500 W. Covell Road on November 6 with 1258 people in attendance.
In January, the new 37,000-square-foot Crossings Community Center and Clinic at 10255 N. Pennsylvania is completed. Also in January, Crossings Christian School opens Middle School campus. Crossings beings building a satellite campus in North Edmond.
Crossings Christian School opens new Athletic Complex, including the Knights Stadium (for football, soccer & track), a baseball and softball field, and fieldhouse.
The Venue, a new 1100-seat worship center, opens on January 27 for the 9:30 & 10:40 a.m. contemporary worship services.
Kid Zone moves to The Venue for its Wednesday evening service for 4 years through 4th grade children.
9:30 & 10:40 a.m. contemporary worship services move to the Atrium on July 1 as construction begins on The Venue, a new 1400-seat auditorium, and a new gym and fitness center.
Crossings Celebrate Recovery moves from Crossings Community Center to main Campus in September 2010.
9:30 a.m. Gym service and second hour of Sunday School (at 10:40) begins August 2010.
Crossings Christian School completes construction and welcomes first students to newly built Upper School in August 2010.
Crossings Community Clinic celebrates its 5 year anniversary.
8 a.m. Chapel service begins in September 2009 in newly completed 500-seat Chapel, which is reminiscent of the Belle Isle sanctuary.
Atrium expansion to the main campus completed August 2009.
Crossings Community Church celebrates its 50 year anniversary.
Crossings Comunidad Cristiana, Crossings first Hispanic campus, opens at 3120 S. Harvey Ave. in Oklahoma City.
Crossings Christian School opens its lower school campus on the church grounds and becomes accredited by the ACSI in 2008.
The Crossings Community Clinic opens, providing medical, dental, vision, and mental health services to the un/underinsured living in the OKC metroplex–relocated in 2007 to 2208 W. Hefner Road, becoming the new Crossings Community Center.
The new contemporary 10:45 Gym service meets for the first time on April 18.
To accommodate the growing Children’s and Student Ministries, a three-story 64,000 square feet addition is added to the South end of the building.
Congregation changes its name to Crossings Community Church in early summer. On September 12, 1999, the first service is held with more than 3,100 people in attendance. The new 198,000 square foot facility was built free of any long-term debt.
Congregation approves purchase of 77 acres at 14600 N. Portland in Oklahoma City and begins raising money for construction.
Attempts to buy land for expansion near the church fail, and leaders begin looking for new location.
Congregation opens its new 500-seat sanctuary on the property at 55th and Linn and changes its name to Belle Isle Community Church.
Marty Grubbs becomes the senior pastor with a congregation of about 150 people. Members raise money to build a new sanctuary.
Marty Grubbs joins Westridge’s staff as associate pastor responsible for youth and music ministries.
Westridge Hills Church is dedicated on Easter Sunday. (Mr. and Mrs. E.W. Baker and Wilma McManus begin building a sanctuary, fellowship hall and kitchen at 2600 N.W. 55th (55th and Linn) in Oklahoma City in 1955).