KIDS - OKC
When do we meet?Sunday – 9:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. – programming for 4 years – 4th grade
What to Expect
When children arrive, they are encouraged to participate in opening activities, such as coloring, building with blocks, reading a book or forming new friendships. Children attend Large Group Time where they experience an awesome Bible teaching, memory verse, and worship. Bible stories are often grouped together in a “series” and have a series Bible verse. Children participate in a variety of activities weekly that reflect on the Bible lesson for that day. These activities include, but are not limited to: crafts, thematic games, sensory activities, and reflective questions.
Kids enjoy high energy, interactive, and age-appropriate groups on Sunday mornings and other special events.
Next Steps For Kids
Has your child been asking what it means to be a Christian? Is he/she wondering about baptism, why we take communion, or what it means to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ? Kid Faith, offered to 2nd-6th grade students, focuses on these objectives.
There is no charge for this class — refreshments and materials are included.
A parent session is offered to cover what the children learn at Next Steps For Kids and what their next step should be. Kid Faith meets on various Sunday evenings throughout the year.
We’d love to hear from you and answer any questions you have about KIDS ministry. Email or call us using the contact section on this page!
Re-opening Guidelines & Safety Procedures:
- Masks are required for all Crossings OKC staff and volunteers.
- While children 11 years of age and younger are not required to wear masks, masks or face coverings are recommended as a precaution.
- The temperature of each child will be taken during check-in.
- Children will receive a sticker on their name badge when they are cleared to participate in Sunday programming. No child with a temperature of 100.4 or greater will be permitted to enter a classroom.
- Parents: during this time, we ask that you do not enter the theater areas.
- Additional sanitation procedures have been implemented before, between, and after service in each classroom. While it is not possible for us to remove every touchpoint in a fun and engaging environment, adjustments have been made to minimize those touchpoints.
Crossings KIDS Pastor
Crossings KIDS Creative Pastor
Crossings KIDS Elementary Director
Crossings KIDS Early Childhood Director
Crossings KIDS Assistant
Crossings KIDS Programming and Production Coordinator
Special Needs Ministry
Crossings KIDS offers a program for children with special needs at the 9:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. service times as well as during Wednesday evening activities. This program offers a one-on-one to one-on-few ministering environment for children of differing abilities.
Children have the opportunity to participate in a small Sunday School class, a large group experience with an adult leader, or a combination of these options. Our leaders have a heart for serving children with special needs and feel blessed to share Christ’s love with them.
Please contact Jamie Schoeling if your child has an allergy so it can be indicated on your child’s name tag. Leaders have access to an outdoor playground for the children and will use it occasionally as weather and time permits.
Your child’s safety is important to us. That’s why all children must be checked in by a parent using one of the check-in stations located throughout the building. You’ll receive a name tag for your child and a corresponding tag for you. You must show your corresponding tag in order to pick up your child from his/her classroom.