A decision to contribute to the Endowment is a spiritual commitment of loyalty and love for the Kingdom work being accomplished at Crossings. As written in the purpose statement on the back page, giving to the Endowment is a way to impact the church’s purpose and mission both now and well into the future. It’s important for us to remember that we don’t own anything. Rather, we are managers (or stewards) of God’s resources while we are on this earth. God promises if we practice good stewardship, His blessing on us will be great. Our faithfulness will have present, future and eternal outcomes.
During our lifetimes, we can give to the Endowment in some of the following ways:
- In memory of a loved one who has passed away.
- In honor of someone celebrating a special occasion such as a birthday, wedding, anniversary, birth or graduation.
- From a windfall of significant income that may or may not be expected (e.g. income resulting from the sale of a business or property, an inheritance, etc.).
Giving to the Endowment may also be accomplished through various other means as a result of careful and thoughtful planning. You may consider the following gifts to maximize the financial blessings you receive as a result of your gift:
- Directing a qualified, required IRA distribution be paid and mailed directly to the Endowment fund.
- Including a charitable bequest gift to the Endowment in your will or living trust.
- Making the Endowment a beneficiary of a retirement plan, life insurance policies, bank account(s), certificates of deposit (CDs) and/or brokerage account(s).
Most gifts will be accepted by the Endowment. However, the Board of Directors reserves the right to decline gifts. Gifts may be declined if they violate the terms of the Endowment’s corporate charter, are too difficult or costly to administer or are gifts for purposes outside the mission of the Endowment. The Endowment staff and board are available to work with you and/or your representative(s) to determine the best way for you to make a planned gift to Crossings Community Endowment.
View our Gift Acceptance Policy right here.