Be a voice of hope in our community by serving our schools. Crossings Missions team is looking for volunteers to serve our inner-city school partners for the 2021-2022 school year.
Registration begins July 1 and ends August 31.
RECURRING VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Volunteer training for recurring events takes place Saturday, August 28, 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., at the Crossings Community Center. Breakfast will be provided!
Crossings Community Center // 10255 N. Pennsylvania Ave.
Thursdays // September-May
The Club is an ongoing weekly opportunity to engage in Bible lessons, mentoring, life skills, fun, food, and relational support. The Club serves 5th-8th grade students from John Marshall Middle School. Volunteer opportunities include:
• The Club CDL Drivers // 2PM // 4 volunteers needed
- Transport students from John Marshall to the Crossings Community Center on a scheduled rotation.
• The Club Small Group Leaders // 4-5:30PM // 24 volunteers needed
- Lead and mentor a group of middle school students and help them find and follow Jesus as they learn life skills.
• The Club Free Time Fun // 5:30-6:30PM // 20+ volunteers needed
- Lead and support a three-week or six-week session of a fun activity with 8-12 students. Activities include sports, fitness, dance, cooking, arts, and more.
• The Club Hospitality Teams // 3-4:45PM or 6-7:15PM
- Welcome students by preparing snacks, recording attendance, helping with check-in, and greeting. - Or serve students by serving dinner, cleaning up, and interacting with parents at check-out.
EUGENE FIELD ELEMENTARY
1515 N KLEIN AVE
• Teacher Partner // September - May // Twice Monthly // 32 Volunteers needed
- Partner with a teacher in the classroom by praying and serving. You may help students with work, lead a creative time, or read to small groups. You will coordinate your activity, day, and time with your teacher partner.
• COVID Catch-Up Tutor ** NEW OPPORTUNITY ** // September - May // Weekly // 90 Volunteers needed
- Partner with a specific teacher in 2nd-4th grade to work one-on-one with students in reading and math. You will receive activities specific to the student’s current level. You will coordinate the day and time that works best for you and the teacher.
• Book Club // September - March // Weekly: Tuesday or Wednesday // 25 volunteers needed
- Gather weekly to read to a small group of students at lunch. Books and discussion questions are provided.
• Teacher Appreciation Team // September - May // Monthly // 15 volunteers needed
- Meet monthly to plan special events at the school—includes providing monthly encouragement, birthday cards, assisting with Christmas party, planning Teacher Appreciation Week, planning Literacy Night, etc.
STANLEY HUPFELD ACADEMY
1508 NW 106TH ST
• Elementary School Mentor // August-May // Weekly // 330 Volunteers needed
- Read with your assigned student for one hour and develop a relationship through reading and other activities!
ONE-TIME SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES
SCHOOL SUPPLY DRIVE
• Crossings is collecting Clorox wipes, tissues, and hand sanitizer.
• Please drop off all items in the bins in the Atrium (near the school bus) or main office through August 8.
BACK-TO-SCHOOL CAMPUS BEAUTIFICATION
• Eugene Field Elementary - 1515 N Klein Ave
- Thursday, August 5 // 9AM-1PM // Adults Only // Lunch Provided
- Help teachers prepare and decorate their classrooms for the fall! We will also help organize the library and Book Club room, paint classrooms, and tend to the flower beds!
• Shidler Elementary - 1415 S. Byers Ave
- Saturday, August 7 // 9AM-12PM // Family-Friendly
- Join this family friendly morning of service as we work alongside the staff at Shidler Elementary to refresh and beautify the school’s campus.