AFAC Musical Theatre Camp is a fun-filled, week-long camp developed for kids who have completed 2nd through 6th grades, with a special camp experience for 7th & 8th graders. Campers explore their God-given talents through classes in Bible, dance, drama, vocals, set design, and costume design.
While learning artistic skills and biblical truths, kids are also preparing a musical production they perform on Friday night, July 16. This summer’s production will be The Prodigal Clown. This circus-themed musical tells the story of the prodigal son in a new, creative way.
Despite the nonstop fun and hilarity of clowns, knife-throwers, lion-tamers, and human cannonballs, there’s a serious and heartwarming story to be told about the father whose love for his children is unconditional. So come one, come all to AFAC Musical Theatre Camp 2021!
Camp dates are Monday, July 12 through Friday, July 16 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on the Crossings OKC campus each day.
Performance is on Friday, July 16 at 6:00 p.m. in the Crossings OKC Sanctuary.
Special 7th & 8th Grade Camp Experience
This year, we’re providing a unique camp experience for those who have completed 7th or 8th grade. These students will have special opportunities to assist in all aspects of camp, while also having performance experiences with separate songs and speaking roles. 7th & 8th graders will have their own rehearsals and classes separate from younger campers.
This experience will be available at a discounted rate—see “Registration” section below for details.
Register today to take advantage of early bird pricing!
$150 - Early Bird registration - April 4-May 2 - 2nd-6th grades
$175 - Regular registration - May 3-July 5 - 2nd-6th grades
$75 - Early Bird registration - April 4-May 2 - 7th & 8th grade only
$100 - Regular registration - May 3-July 5 - 7th & 8th grade only
AUDITION DATES & PERFORMANCE DETAILS
Auditions for parts and solos will take place on Saturday, May 15 at 10:00 a.m. (7th & 8th grade), May 15 at 2:00 p.m. (2nd-6th grade), and Sunday, May 23 at 2:00 p.m. (2nd-6th grade). Please choose the date and time for your audition.
Our purpose and prayer for this camp is to provide:
- A safe, Christian environment in which kids can seek to improve their artistic talents without worries of inappropriate show material or harsh teaching techniques.
- An extremely loving and encouraging atmosphere for students to safely explore their talents and interests in the arts while building confidence in their God-given abilities.
- An amazing opportunity for students to realize how much God loves them and that they are special and unique with gifts given to them for the sole purpose of glorifying him.
- A creative way to have Godly principles and scriptural lyrics hidden in their hearts forever.
- An exciting chance to develop a new love and passion for worship and the arts.
- A fun experience where campers can enjoy new friendships and build stronger relationships with their fellow campers.
- A life-changing opportunity for students to grow in their relationship with the Lord and experience the joy of serving him.
We’d love to connect with you! Contact Lori Bunyar at email@example.com with any questions.