Community Center Nights
October 2 @ 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Help us be a voice of hope to our neighbors in 73114, 73120, 73162, and 73132 by meeting some immediate needs for their families during Community Nights on October 2 from 5:00-7:30 p.m. We’ll offer everything from food to outdoor music, and more at the Crossings Community Center (10255 N. Penn, Oklahoma City, OK 73120).
Please note: Masks are required when indoors at the Crossings Community Center.
This year’s Community Night will include:
- Outdoor games
- Hot dogs
- Italian ice
- Art projects
- Community resources
- Live outdoor music
As part of the Voice of Hope initiative, Crossings has the unique ability to provide volunteers for this event. Check out the available opportunities below and use the red “register now” button to register!
- Hospitality team – setup; break down; trash control; checking on volunteer leads to make sure they have what they need for their team.
- Food team – food and drink prep and distribution; clean up/break down at the end of the evening.
- Food box distribution – help load boxes of produce into vehicles before participants leave the event.
- Check-in team – welcome families; capture information using participation form: wristband, map, & Italian ice ticket distribution; break down at the end of the evening.
- Basketball in gym – ensure everyone has a wristband; help community have fun in the gym while maintaining safety and organization; organize games on the court; distribute youth basketball uniforms; break down at the end of the evening.
- Art volunteers – ensure everyone has a wristband; guide participants through simple art/crafts projects for children; assist with coloring pages and stickers; make sure supplies are refilled.
- Roadside greeters – hold signs and wave at people who are driving or walking by; invite neighbors to come enjoy some food and stay awhile; help break down at the end of the evening.
- Outside games – ensure everyone participating has a wristband; maintain safety and organization of the yard games; join in the games, if possible, with our neighbors; have fun; break down at the end of the evening.
- Prayer partners – pray with those who request prayer.
We’d love to connect with you! Please contact Melissa Wilson with any questions or for more information at email@example.com.