AS A CHRIST-CENTERED PEOPLE, WE WILL LIVE BY FAITH, BE A VOICE OF HOPE, AND BE KNOWN BY LOVE.
We want this vision to be front and center at all times, even if it means that we must not do some things that we could do. Our calling is clear and will continue to guide us into the future.
LIVE BY FAITH
“Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.” -Hebrews 11:1
- Faith is first belief and then action (Hebrews 11).
- Faith is available through life in Christ. “we are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ.” – Romans 3:22
- Faith is a choice. “Lord, increase our faith.” – Luke 17:5
- Faith pleases God. “And without faith it is impossible to please God.” -Hebrews 11:6
BE A VOICE OF HOPE
We are to be hope-givers and desire to:
- Stay out of the arguments of the culture.
- Focus on the greatest need of every person on this planet–and His name is Jesus.
- Be in unity, relationally and spiritually.
- Lead with love to people outside the church family, right where they are. “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust Him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” -Romans 15:13
BE KNOWN BY LOVE
As believers in Christ, we are called to the highest form of love. The biblical word is agape, which means the highest form of self-sacrificing and self-giving love, with no thought of return. As a church, we want to be known by this form of love, believing the way we love each other and those around us proves we are Christ-followers. Our desire is to love the way Jesus loved–to love others like we have been loved by Him. We want to be an extravagant demonstration of the love of Jesus Christ to this community and world.
“This is My commandment, that you love and unselfishly seek the best for one another, just as I have loved you.” – John 15:12
“For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.” -John 3:16