THE CLUB AT CROSSINGS COMMUNITY CENTER IS A CHRIST-CENTERED AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM FOR JOHN MARSHALL MIDDLE SCHOOL AND HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
Read this Information Hand-Out with your student(s). Go over the Responsibilities & Procedures so you both know what is expected from all of us. We want this to be a fun, yet rewarding, experience for all involved.
Applications must be completed by a parent/guardian to be accepted. Applications will be received on a first-come basis. The Club's limit is 50 students. All applications received after limit is met will be placed on a waiting list. Parent/guardian(s) will be notified of receipt of students' applications. For more information contact The Club at (405)-242-5530.
WHAT IS THE CLUB?
• Life Lessons – Each week students will be exposed to character building through Bible lessons. Small Group Leaders will help make these lessons relevant to present day life. Our goal is to help students develop healthy relationships with their families, teachers, and peers.
• Activity Time – Students will choose from fun activities. These activity options promote life skills, exercise, cooking and creative outlets.
• Snack & Dinner – A snack will be provided upon arrival at the Center. You, as the parent and guardian, along with your family, are invited to join us for dinner at 6:30 on Thursdays.
You are always welcome to visit The Club. When you visit, please check-in at the Club counter.
In an effort to keep you connected, Parent/Guardian meetings will be scheduled throughout the year. The Club Leaders are happy to meet with you individually anytime.
The Club begins on SEPTEMBER 22, 2022 and ends on MAY 11, 2023. It is the student’s responsibility to be at the designated pickup location at the appropriate time. The Oklahoma City Public School schedule will be followed. The Club will meet on Thursdays. JMEMS students will be picked up by bus behind the school in the bus line and JMHS students will be picked up in the south parking lot immediately after school. When there is a “holiday” or snow day and schools are closed - The Club will NOT meet. If your student(s) lives within walking distance of the Center, the student(s) may walk home, provided you have granted permission on the Application page.
THE CLUB, PARENT & STUDENT RESPONSIBILITIES
The Application and Permission Form, completed and signed by you, as the parent/guardian, gives your student(s) permission to participate in weekly activities. You and your student(s) are also agreeing to adhere to The Club procedures and responsibilities. After we receive your student’s application, you will be contacted. Due to limited space availability and the high volume of applications, your student(s) may be placed on the waiting list until an opening becomes available.
• Pick up your student(s) promptly at 6:30PM on Thursday evenings. Please pick up your students promptly by coming into the Club to sign them out.
• Only those persons listed on the Application and Permission Form will be allowed to pick up your student.
• If you cannot arrive by the appropriate pickup time, make other arrangements to have your student(s) picked up by one of those listed on the application.
• If you have any problems or concerns regarding your student(s), call Crossings Community Center.
• Be aware your student(s) will not have their phones with them during Club time. In case of an emergency, call Crossings Community Center.
THE CLUB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide a safe place in a Christian environment.
• Equip students to make better life choices.
• Provide volunteers who will attend consistently and be respectful role models.
• Follow The Club Code (see below).
• Attend regularly.
• Have fun!
THE CLUB CODE
• Come prepared to participate and cooperate.
• Be polite - if it isn’t kind, don’t say it.
• Listen while others speak.
• Be respectful - keep hands and feet to yourself.
• Leave all electronics (including phones) and backpacks behind desk.
There is Zero Tolerance for aggressive behavior
or for bringing drugs, alcohol, or weapons on the premises. The Police and you, as parent/guardian, will be notified if a student is found to be in possession. The student WILL NOT be allowed to return if Zero Tolerance is violated. If the student is suspended from school, they WILL NOT be allowed to attend The Club during their suspension.