This fall, Crossings is partnering with Rebuilding Together OKC through their SheBuilds initiative to change the lives of three women in the 73114 community with total home transformations. Read on to learn more about Heather, one of the homeowners, and how you can get involved with SheBuilds!
Heather is an Oklahoma native who graduated from Putnam City Original and studied vocal performance at Oklahoma State University (go Pokes!). Her daughter, Ryleigh, enjoys makeup, writing, photography, and has even done some hair modeling for a local salon!
These strong, independent women care deeply about their community and volunteer with The Homeless Alliance and now Rebuilding Together OKC!
Heather is so thrilled to be part of the SheBuilds program that she has attended the workshop and plans to be involved in the repairs made on her home in September.
Please pray for Heather and her family during this time of transition and transformation of her home. We are thankful for this opportunity to be known by love and look forward to seeing how God will work through SheBuilds!
HOW YOU CAN HELP
550 volunteers are still needed during the week of Monday, September 9-Saturday, September 14! Men and women of all skill levels are needed to assist with urgent needs in each home, which will include but are not limited to:
- Exterior painting
- Interior painting
- Preparing for remodel (packing, cleaning, etc.)
- Yard work & landscaping
- Hanging blinds
Special request for Saturday, September 4: Skilled volunteers are also needed for concrete work, electrical work, and carpet laying––please contact Pam Millington at email@example.com for more details or to offer your skills!
If you are physically unable to serve or can’t be there during the work days (September 9-14), you can still make an impact by making a donation! Donations are needed for gift cards, furniture, and decor in each home––see below for the complete list of donations needed!
The following are donations needed to help organize and decorate each of the homes in the SheBuilds project:
- Gift cards to Target, Hobby Lobby, TJ Maxx, Bed, Bath, & Beyond, Home Depot, and Lowes (used for rugs, wall decor, textiles, and other needs)
- New or gently used double bed for teenage girl
- New or gently used night stand and floor lamp for teenage girl (rustic style)
- Dining table with 4-6 chairs (rustic style)
- Round dining table with 4 chairs
- Dresser/chest of drawers to compliment donated white iron twin bed for teenage girl
- Full-size bed (frame and headboard)
- Sofa table (farmhouse style)
- Closed cabinet for kitchen storage
- Sofa and loveseat (neutral color such as gray, beige, or taupe)
- Tabletop lamps
Gift card donations can be dropped off at the Crossings OKC main office or mailed to Pam Millington (Please address envelopes: Attn: Pam Millington, 14600 N. Portland Avenue, OKC, OK 73134). Please email a photo of any furniture items you wish to donate to Pam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’d love to connect with you! Please contact Pam Millington at email@example.com or 405-755-2227.