Israel Study Tour
February 16 - February 28
An event every day that begins at 12:00am, repeating indefinitely
About Israel Tour 2019
We will fly United Airlines from OKC to Tel Aviv with stops in Houston and Newark arriving in Israel in the late afternoon on February 17. After claiming bags and loading the bus, we will head to our hotel outside of Jerusalem to check in and have a buffet dinner.
Each morning will begin with a devotional time after breakfast and then we will lead the bus and head out for the day. Lunch will be a picnic on most days and dinner will be at the hotels. Terry will teach Bible lessons several times each day at the sites we visit and our Israeli guide, Yehuda, will teach us about the culture, geography, Jewish customs, and native plants and animals. They’re a great pair!
We will visit Yad Hashmonah, a Biblical garden with examples of Biblical plants, oil and wine presses, and tombs; Bet Shemesh, Samson’s home; and Tel Azekah, where we can view the valley where David fought Goliath. Then, we will drive to the Dead Sea area and check into a resort hotel on the short where we will stay two nights. Our mornings will begin with the sunrise over the Dead Sea. While there, we will visit Masada, Herod’s desert palace and fortress; Ein Gedi, an oasis in the desert where David found Saul and cut off the hem of his clothing; Tel Arad, an excavated Canaanite settlement and southern boundary fortress; and Qumran, the site where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found.
We will walk in the desert, see sheep and goats grazing; swim in the Dead Sea, have a Bedouin tent experience; and go on a camel ride! When we finish in the Dead Sea area, we will drive to the Galilee where Jesus spent most of His ministry. We will spend 4 nights here, and much of our time will be spent around the shores of the Sea of Galilee visiting the same towns where Jesus and His disciples walked including Chorazin, Tabgha, Capernaum, the Mount of Beatitudes, Caesarea Philippi, and Bethsaida. Tel Dan is the site of the ancient city of Dan where we will see the ruins of a temple and two city gates. Baptisms in the Jordan River and a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee are the highlights of the Galilee area.
Leaving Galilee we will visit Mt. Precipice, the site where the people of Nazareth tried to throw Jesus from the cliff; Mt. Carmel, where Elijah called down fire; Megiddo, the site of many battles and the site of the final battle, Armageddon; Caesarea Maritima, a huge seaport and ancient city built by Herod. Our day will end in Jerusalem at the Dan Hotel for a three-night stay.
From Jerusalem, we will go to Bethlehem to see the Church of the Nativity, the traditional site of Jesus’ birth and the Herodium, Herod’s palace, fortress, and tomb. In Jerusalem we will spend time in the Israel Museum; walk through Hezekiah’s tunnels, visit the Pools of Siloam and Bethesda; go to the Temple Mount; pray at the Western Wall; explore the Mount of Olives and Garden of Gethsemane; walk the Via Dolorosa; visit the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the traditional site of the crucifixion and burial; and go to the Garden Tomb, another potential site of Jesus’ burial.
We will walk through the streets of Jerusalem. Terry will tie everything together with a capstone teaching in Jerusalem, and we will finish our trip with a farewell dinner before we fly out on United Airlines for home. Join us for this life-changing trip where your faith will grow and your Bible will come alive.
Explore the photo gallery from our previous trips below!
- February 16, 2019: United Airlines #6168 – depart Oklahoma City at 2:00 p.m., arrive in Houston at 3:25 p.m.
- February 16, 2019: United Airlines #1125 – depart Houston at 4:30 p.m., arrive in Newark at 8:58 p.m.
- February 16, 2019: United Airlines #090 – depart Newark at 11:00 p.m., arrive in Tel Aviv at 4:20 p.m. February 17, 2019
- February 28, 2019: United Airlines #085 – depart Tel Aviv at 11:35 a.m., arrive in Newark at 5:00 p.m.
- February 28, 2019: United Airlines #3532 – depart Newark at 7:30 p.m., arrive in Oklahoma City at 10:12 p.m.
- Sunday, February 17, 2019: Neve Ilan, Jerusalem – Telephone: 972-3-9190669
- Monday, February 18, 2019 – Tuesday, February 19, 2019: Isrotel Ganim Hotel, Dead Sea – Telephone: 972-4-6700800
- Wednesday, February 20, 2019 – Saturday, February 23, 2019: Ein Gev Kibbutz Hotel, Galilee – Telephone: 972-4-6700800
- Sunday, February 24, 2019 – Wednesday, February 27, 2019: Dan Hotel, Jerusalem – Telephone: 972-2-5331234
- $4800 per person double occupancy
- $990 single supplement
Please Note: Airfare is subject to additional fuel surcharges as may be assessed by United Airlines prior to ticketing.
Tour Pricing Includes:
- Round trip air from Oklahoma City
- Hotel accommodations as indicated
- Daily breakfast and dinner buffet
- Lunches served on site
- Deluxe motor coach touring
- Backpacks with bottled water on tour
- Study guides and journals
- All entrance fees
- Guide/Driver Tips
- Porterage fees and taxes
- GTI Blog
- Pre trip curriculum
- $500 per-person deposit upon registration
- $2150.00 per-person due by September 28, 2018
- Remaining balance due December 28, 2018
GTI recommends “Travel Guard” trip insurance. Learn more at
www.TravelGuard.com or 1-800-826-1300. To link any policy with GTI Tours, use our Agency ID: 23666252.
For more information, visit gtitours.org, or you may call Monica with GTI tours at 800-829-8234. You may also call Laura Feix at 405-755-5677.
Refund Cancellation Policy
- Full refund less $200 for cancellations after deposit
- Full refund less $500 for cancellations after August 24, 2018
- Full refund less $2000 for cancellations after September 28, 2018
- No refunds for cancellations after December 28, 2018
Register by using the red button below!