- This event has passed.
Stephen Ministry Info Meetings
April 21 @ 6:30 pm
One event on Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 6:30 pm
People often ask, “What exactly is a Stephen Minister?” Stephen Ministers are people who have undergone extensive training and are ready to come alongside you–or your friends, neighbors, coworkers, or relatives–and provide comfort and support.
Stephen Ministers are there after:
- The phone call you hoped you’d never get
- The funeral (when everyone has left)
- The relationship falls apart and the bottom falls out of your life
- The doctor says, “I’m sorry, but there’s nothing more we can do.”
- The nursing home director shakes your hand and says, “Welcome to your new home.”
- You find a pink slip with your final paycheck
- The last child honks the horn, waves, and drives away–and the house suddenly seems empty
- The gavel comes down, the handcuffs go on, and your loved one is led away.
- The baby arrives, demanding more of you than you ever dreamed possible.
- Your family and friends have heard your story one too many times, but you still need to talk it out.
If you have a passion for caring for others and would like to learn more about becoming a Stephen Minister at Crossings, you are encouraged to attend an informational meeting via Zoom on April 21 or 28, at 6:30 p.m. RSVP using the button on this page to let us know you’re planning to attend! Once you have RSVP’d, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to the meeting as well as the code to sign-in.
We’d love to connect with you! Please contact Lance Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org or 405-302-1207 with any questions.