The heartbeat of our Crossings church family is to live by faith, be a voice of hope, and to be known by love. This has often been expressed through your generosity and by extending the love of Jesus to our community and throughout the world in very practical and tangible ways. Explore this post to learn more about how your generosity has made a difference, take a look at photo highlights, and more!
SUPPLIES FOR MEDICAL STAFF
Thanks to your generous donations of time and resources, we were able to collect and distribute facial masks (some homemade), gloves, and baby diapers for a local OKC hospital.
We are definitely in favor of homemade masks. Some people have brought them and we are using them, but we could definitely use more. The ones that are double thick are even better. We are wearing masks in every patient’s room–even those without coronavirus symptoms–because even people without symptoms can spread the virus so we need to be extra cautious.
Many of us, myself included, are wearing a mask the entire time at work. Homemade masks work great for these instances and they are washable each night. We have tons of staff and everyone is very eager to have one or more! Elastic is a bit better than those we tie to secure, but we will take either. We have guys, too, so designs that are unisex are helpful.
Thank you to everyone who has been working to gather supplies for my hospital! There is such a great need. I cannot even express to you my gratitude!
-Local ER doctor who received the masks made by our Crossings church family members
Explore Ways You Can Help
FOOD FOR OUR COMMUNITY
We have been able to donate and deliver food because of your generosity and kindness:
- Served Mobile Meals to 30 senior adults weekly.
- Served with Edmond Mobile Meals weekly.
- Provided boxed lunches to the Edmond Police Department (50 people).
- Provided boxed lunches to OU Medical Edmond (40 people).
- Partnered with Feed the Children to provide supplemental food for a family of four for a week with the following:
-80 boxed meals for The Club kids and families through Crossings Community Center and Clinic
-40 boxed meals to assist foster care families and Crossings church family members in Edmond
-20 boxed meals and 20 hygiene boxes for 20 families at Little Light Christian School
Learn More About Food Assistance
Your financial contributions have made it possible for us to:
- Make additional financial contributions to support local, frontline ministries such as BritVil Food Pantry, Project 66, FaithWorks, and Hope Is Alive.
- Send additional funds to Roatan Horizons to assist with online schooling, food, and supplies.
ENCOURAGEMENT & SUPPORT
Volunteers have made an impact by encouraging and supporting vulnerable and isolated populations, including:
- Adopting five senior living facilities/nursing homes to send encouraging cards to residents and caregivers.
- Adopting local OKC hospitals, clinics, and senior living facilities to pray over each day.
- Encouraging and supporting our local school partners Stanley Hupfeld, Eugene Fields, and Shidler Elementary.
- Supporting sister congregations internationally who are dealing with food shortages and unrest.
Make a Difference From Your Home
Take a look at some highlight photos from our recent efforts below!
Next week, Crossings will partner with Feed the Children and the Oklahoma Restaurant Association to provide meals and hygiene kits for 400 families who have recently lost jobs. Drive-thru pick up will take place at the Crossings OKC campus.
There is so much more to celebrate, but we wanted you to be encouraged by knowing how we are making a difference together.
In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father. Matthew 5:16, NLT