The Medical Assistant or LPN is responsible for assisting staff and volunteer medical providers with daily medical care for the uninsured.
Scope of Position:
The Medical Assistant or LPN is responsible for assisting staff and volunteer medical providers with daily medical care for the uninsured. This position works closely with Physicians and Physician Assistants and will report to the Clinic Operations Manager. This position is a collaborative member of our health care team performing duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the Christian mission and values of Crossings Community Clinic.
- Is credentialed as a Certified Medical Assistant or LPN
- Knowledgeable of current clinical standards of care
- Has a ministry heart of compassion and adheres to our mission statement
- Ability to form and maintain vibrant relationships that point people to Jesus
- Is exceptionally good on the phones with patients, volunteers and referral sources as a representative of Crossings Community Clinic
- Must be an organized self-starter possessing advanced computer skills including electronic health record documentation
- Must have a current CPR license
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Can manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently, with the ability to appropriately prioritize
- Spiritual gifts include, but may not be limited to a compassionate heart, administration, and serving
- Responsible for data input into electronic health records. Maintain client information in electronic medical record and other locations for medical documentation as needed
- Respond to outside requests for medical records in a timely fashion
- Assist in the day to day medical clinic activities, working closely with other clinic staff and volunteers to see that the clinic is functioning as a ministry with sensitivity and compassion for all we serve.
- Works closely with the Physician Assistant and Physician to assure patient and volunteer providers’ clinical needs are being met
- Assist with patient flow from check-in to check-out
- Assures that the medical exam rooms are set up and ready for patient care on a daily basis
- Maintain confidentiality of patients as required by law
- Anticipate the needs of the providers and is proactive in helping them achieve timely patient visits in an effective manner; assist providers in exam rooms, relays information to the patients as instructed by providers or nurses. Assist providers with procedures as requested.
- Assist in training, encouraging and nurturing of medical volunteers as requested
- Record phone calls and communicate to medical providers the needs of our patients and return calls to patients as requested
- Assist with follow up of lab results and /or diagnostic test results as directed by providers
- Perform basic procedures such as: EKGs, CLIA waived lab tests, room patients and take histories under the supervision of a licensed nurse or medical provider
- Practice good stewardship in utilizing clinic resources
- Purchase medical supplies when requested
This position is a full-time or part-time, at-will hourly employment position; occasional evenings/weekends.
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
Physical and Other Requirements
- Be able to stand for up to four hours, walk a quarter of a mile, and to lift and carry 15-25 pounds for 500 feet
- Must possess a current driver’s license.
- Has the ability for a flexible schedule as some evenings and weekend hours may be required.
- Maintain a vibrant relationship with Christ through prayer, Bible study, and fellowship.