Explore this page for current open positions at the Crossings Community Clinic.
The Dental Assistant is responsible for assisting with the scheduling of provider volunteers and clients in need of dental services within the scope of our care.
Scope of Position:
The Dental Assistant is responsible for assisting with the scheduling of provider volunteers and clients in need of dental services within the scope of our care. Responsibilities include assisting with the scheduling of patients with providers, ordering supplies for the use of dental care, cleaning and stocking supplies. Performing chair side support. Training and nurturing volunteers and delegating responsibilities to volunteer team members. This position reports to the Clinic Operations Manager.
- Experience with dental office functions and general dental patient care support, including chairside duties.
- Active Dental Assistant permit from the Oklahoma Board of Dentistry.
- Heart of compassion and is a confidential steward of patient privacy.
- Is willing to pray with patients and team members.
- Intermediate computer skills – will use various applications including EHR and Volgistics.
- Ability to work effectively as a ministry team member ensuring excellent patient care.
- Ability to be a spiritual leader among the staff and volunteers with a strong commitment to the Clinic mission.
- Exhibits strong spiritual gifts of discernment, compassion, teaching and encouragement.
- Professional verbal and written communication.
- Assist with retrieving and triaging calls from clients in need of dental services.
- Assist with qualifying patients for the services we offer and schedule appointments. In some cases, refer patients to other sources for care.
- Maintain providers’ and patients’ schedule in dental software program.
- Use electronic documentation for patient treatment planning and wait list.
- Follow the policies for patient care within the scope of the clinic ministries.
- Work with providers and process patient referrals.
- Assist in policy review when requested.
- Work with volunteers with a sensitive heart while serving patients.
- Provide monthly and ad hoc reports.
- Prayerfully consider ways God can use this service as a means to a deeper relationship with God for those being served.
- Direct patients with medical needs within the clinic policies.
- Work with all clinic staff and volunteers to strengthen team relationships while caring for and serving patients.
- Establish professional, collegial relationships with other outside dental and medical services providers.
- Maintain a database of outside resources and referrals made.
- Assist with grant writing as requested.
- Any other duties as may be assigned to fulfill the position.
The Dental Assistant is a part-time, at-will hourly employment position that requires flexible scheduling to include occasional evening and weekend hours.
Physical and Other Requirements
- Be able to stand for up to two hours, walk a quarter of a mile, and to lift and carry 15-25 pounds for 500 feet
- Must possess a current driver’s license.
- Has the ability for a flexible schedule as some evenings and weekend hours may be required.
- Maintain a vibrant relationship with Christ through prayer, Bible study, and fellowship.